- Adaptation: training time, sport time is necessary for the body to assimilate the loads (volume and intensity);
- Endurance: muscular and aerobic, is what the triathlete needs to cover the 3.8km of swimming, 180km of cycling and 42km of running; p>
- Consistency: training is a routine that must be performed continuously in the form of cycles or blocks that are distributed over a season;
- Balance: on the one hand the balance between social life, professional life and training. But it is also important to develop the performance balance between the 3 modalities;
- Recovery: to improve conditioning and performance, a period of recovery, rest, post-training, at the end of each week or microcycle, is necessary at the end of a season.
Master in sports studies from EEFE-USP, specialist in sports training, co-author of the book “Aptitude Aerobic. Performance, Health and Nutrition”, certified trainer by Ironman University and Head Coach of Endurance Sports Coaching Brasil. He has also been a triathlete since 1993-competed in all distances: Ironman (including Porto Seguro 2000), Ironman 70.3, Olympic and short triathlons.